Medicines (overdoses) :
- Use child resistant containers or covers for the medicine containers.
- Keep the medicines in locked cabinets or out of reach of children immediately after use.
- Never tell children that medicine "tastes like candy".
- Never take medicine in front of children. They often imitate the act.
- If hand bag contain medicines or other items that could harm a child, keep them away from the child’s reach.
- Give medicine only to the person for whom the doctor has prescribed it for.
- Do not take or give medicines in the dark.
- Read the instructions prior to use of medications.
- Clean out medicine cabinet regularly and dispose of the expired medications.